Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Arati Indian / Nepali Food


Leave your own review on MollaKorea.com. Just: Click Here

Yesterday I stopped in at the new location of the Arati Indian and Nepali Restaurant. It's just opened a branch to Anjeong-ri around the corner from Louis' Bar and Grill and a few blocks from La Mesa.

Since I arrived very early in the day the dining area was nice and quiet, the sun was shining and I was able to really relax in the pleasant, bright space. The patio area is quite stunning and I'm thinking it's will be the perfect place for a mango lassi this summer.

For dinner I had the samosas, chicken biryani and aloo paratha. All three were spicy, rich and delicious. It tasted like I was back in Darjeeling. The flavors were unnervingly spot.

It tasted so much like eating in Northern India that I wondered if it would meet the expectations of people who are more accustomed to Westernized Indian food or food from another region. This is very specifically Himalayan food and it's where my taste preference wanders.

Now, online I had heard that the portion sizes were small, but I have no idea what they are talking about. What I ordered ended up being enough for me for dinner, breakfast, and two snacks and I'm a hearty eater. If I had ordered just one item it would have been more than enough for dinner. 

If you are a picky eater who doesn't like spicy food, don't even bother with going here. However, if you like food with a hearty kick in the pants you're going to really love this.

Anjeong-ri Location:
Address: 경기도 평택시 팽성읍 안정리 113-347
Naver Map Link: http://me2.do/54csdNo8

Pyeongtaek Location:
Address: 67-21 Pyeongtaek-dong,Gyeonggi-do ,South Korea
Pyeongtaek
 

That sauce, yummmm.
They make their own yogurt
This was a meal all by itself.